Young Women in STEM - SACH Scholarship awards 2024

SACH offers scholarships to 2 students: an aspiring aerospace engineer and a future neurologist. 


This year’s scholarship program ‘Young women in STEM’ was awarded to 2 passionate students who graduated from Hopkinton High School this summer and will be heading to study at Duke University and Dartmouth college. 

Congratulations to both students! 

“I want to discover. I want to push the limits of knowledge. I find the unknown of the universe captivating, and I want to create something that brings us one step closer to understanding. But how to do so? Aerospace engineering. I will continue my education at Dartmouth, studying a dual-degree program of mechanical engineering and physics, then attend a highly ranked aerospace school like UIUC or University of Washington. From this, I would hope to land a job at NASA or Space X and help to explore humanity's final frontier.”  

- Student #1, Award Recipient 

“I hope to explore my own anthropological neuroscience mystery of how culture influences our minds. I am enthralled by the opportunities to pursue research to solve my enigma. For what confounds me the most is how cultural practices remain intact among those with neuro-degeneration, something I witnessed in my volunteer work.

This intersection of memory, how culture frames our identities, and how ti sustains us even when our memories fail has captivated me. Exploring the neurological and social sides of this phenomenon, I am in awe of what the residents share with me, despite their advancing memory loss.”

Student #2, Award Recipient 

SACH Cares is a philanthropic wing of SACH aimed at supporting initiatives based on a variety of issues we care about. We care about our town and strive to create inclusiveness in supporting all communities within Hopkinton irrespective of race, socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or gender.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SACH celebrates DiwHoliday Gala in December 2022

Hopkinton Lights Up As One: Festival of Light 2025